Wine Corner Inventory
Bogle Chardonnay has been a perennial favorite at the Wine Corner. "Chardonnay grapes grown in Clarksburg(California central valley) are known for their characteristic apple and pear aromas and flavors. Bogle winemakers have captured these refreshing and ripe notes while allowing them to develop and intensify through stainless steel fermentation. Additional grapes are vinted using the techniques of barrel fermentation, sur-lies aging(aging on top of natural sediments) and partial malolactic fermentation, which creates an elegant counterpart to the fresh fruit with tones of spicy vanilla and nutmeg. The creamy mouthfeel adds just the final touch on the finish, reminiscent of an apple and pear galette."--the winery. Current low price is $11.90 per bottle.
Here's a wonderful Rhone-style wine from a small winery in Ventoux, France. Clos de Trias 2010 red wine blend of biodynamically grown and certified organic grenache, syrah, carignane and cinsault. Cherries and earthy loam aromas followed by raspberry pastille and sour cherry flavors with a mellow acidity. Available for $19.03, or stock up at 2 bottles for $16 each.
From the same area of southern France comes Domaine Rosier Chardonnay (Vin de Pays d'Oc). It shows aromas of butter, vanilla and white fruits, and those flavors continue on the palate with balanced acidity. Priced in the Wine Corner at $13.15--you'll be surprised at the quality for this price! Another small producer, this winery specializes in sparkling wines and has a beautiful website:click here
The Wine Corner inventories hundreds of wines, micro beers,and spirits which change weekly, monthly, and yearly. Listed here are some of the items that are, or have been, carried by the store so that aficionados can get an idea what they will find when they come by the store.
- One of Maui's largest selections of organic, unsulphited wines
- Frey Natural Red, Bonterra, Parducci
- Hundreds of chilled micro beers made on Maui & elsewhere: Maui Brewing, Mehana, Stone, Mendocino, Lagunitas
- Wine from Maui's own Tedeschi Vineyards: Maui Blanc pineapple wine, Lokelani Sparkling Rosť
- Dom Perigon, Billecart-Salmon, Krug Rosť Champagnes
- Duckhorn, Far Niente, Quilceda Creek, L'Ecole No. 41, David Arthur, Kathryn Hall Cabernets
- Corkscrews, cooler bags and aerators
- A fine selection of glassware
- Island Prince cigars
- Chevre, Brie, Stilton, Pecorino, Gruyere and more cheeses, plus aged salamis